Sunday, October 3, 2010

NOM NOM NOM

Well hello there!

Now then, let's see where I've been since I last chatted with you all. Friday (10/1/10) was another Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and I don't really remember anything exciting happening that would be worth mentioning, so let's just skip ahead to yesterday.

Yesterday was Saturday (10/2/10) and before I went to work at 6pm I wanted to do something fun. I asked around and some of my coworkers wanted to go to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, and since I didn't want to sit around the apartment all day I said, "let's do this" and we were off!

We got to Epcot around 11am and Brittany and I first noticed that there was a cheese demonstration from 10:30am to 11:45am, so we left the group and booked it over to the Festival's Welcome Center. Much to our dismay, the demonstration cost a whole lot of money, mostly due to the fact that they had wine pairing to go with the cheese.  Since we were already at the welcome center we figured it would make the most sense to get gift cards at wear on our wrists that way we would have a limited amount of funds that we would spend and we would know how much we've spent. And from there, we went to enjoy our food tasting day!

Things we did:
  • Amanda and Gina made masks, so stopped at every KidCot in all the countries to get the different stamps and shape that they gave out.
  • I ate "flavors of South Africa" and Brittany got some South African beef.
  • We walked around all the countries
  • Played in the Innoventions building, where I learned about weather and all the safety procedures companies go through.
  • Went on the Grand Fiesta ride in Mexico.
  • Admired all the glorious food the world has to offer.
  • And, eventually, we ate in Mexico, but a different one than I ate in last time!
Epcot World Showcase at the Festival's Welcome Center

Flavors of South Africa

Yummy Mexico!

And BAM, from there I went to work. Actually, there is a funny story in my getting to work experience.  We left Epcot around 4:50 on the monorail, and by the time we got to the TTC (the ticket and transportation center) we saw the A Bus pulling away at 5:00, opposed to the 5:05pm time it was supposed to leave. Now the reason as to why this was such a dilemma had to due with the fact that it rained on Tuesday. Now you may be asking yourself, Janice what does that have to do with anything? Well, being a smarty, I had kept that wet costume in a plastic bag since Tuesday and made the executive decision that it would be that now-moldy costume I would return in order to check out a not mildewy one. But since the bus was running late, I was in quite the time crunch. So let me break it down for you: Gina and I change our socks and shoes while waiting for the bus. The bus stops ahead of the other bus, mind you not where it was supposed to stop and we run off it to costuming. I return my costumes, while Gina picks me up a new one. We check out and run to the connecting bus to the Magic Kingdom. We are the last ones on the bus, and while on it we change our shirts, put on our vests, and name tags. Bus stops at Magic Kingdom tunnel, we run to the closest bathroom, change our pants. Run through the utilidoor to work and manage to clock in 10 minutes early. SUCCESS! 

1 comment: