Friday, October 1, 2010

I can tots fit into this gown!

 Hey, hey, hey.

So I just wrote out a super long post about how things are going, then my computer spazzed out and deleted it. Sigh, I will try again, only this time I am typing it up on Word, then will just copy and paste it to the blog because I do not have enough time to tell you everything I want if its just going to keep deleting my posts on me. Here we go again…

Ok, so I know it’s been a while since my last post it’s just been work, work, work. Since my last post, we have had three Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween parties, and guess what? There’s another one tonight! At least tonight’s I can kind of understand, you it only being a month before the holiday and all that jazz. When I wasn’t working, I was getting ready for work or sleeping. But I did manage to snag a day off on Wednesday, so I’ll tell you kids about that adventure.

Wednesday (9/29/10) I was supposed to meet up with Amanda from work. Our plan was to call each other when we woke up and from there decide where we were going to go. Unfortunately our phones had a little tiff and decided they weren’t going to let either one receive messages from the other, so our day didn’t get started until 1pm. When we met up we made the grand choice to venture forth to the Kingdom of Animals. Just want to let everyone know that I thought it was going to rain as it had rained been raining for the two days prior to this event, hence the sweet red rain boots!
Welcome to the Animal Kingdom!
 There we did some meet-and-greets with the characters. Some of those characters included: Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Koda (from Brother Bear), Terk (from Tarzan), Pocahontas, Goofy, the boss man (Mickey Mouse), and his lovely lady, Minnie Mouse. 
Look at how cute Donald Duck and I are!
 We also went on the show/ ride “It’s Tough To Be A Bug!” which is a 4D event inside the Tree of Life. Things I will say about this ride, its gross and I will probably never go on it again. For starters, it had spiders fall from the ceiling, the audience got “stung” in the back by a hornet, a dung beetle let one loose, and some sort of insect spit “acid” on us. Not an enjoyable experience. The most offensive part of it was the end when they were telling us to leave the theatre, and you felt “bugs” under your seat rushing toward the exit, gross.  

Eww...what a gross show!

 
We left just in time to watch the Animal Kingdom parade “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Expedition.” Now that I work parades over at the Magic Kingdom nothing really compares to them. There is a nice order to them and the floats are awesome. Unfortunately, since Animal Kingdom is all about conservation most of the floats were man powered eco-friendly floats. Also, the people who were working the parades were just random cast members from locations along the parade route who set up and broke down the parade route. It was odd to say the least, but it made me glad that I work at the best of the parks.  
As you can see, this man is moving that bird. That bird is considered a "float" at the Animal Kingdom.


Since most of the animals are all tuckered out by 4pm, the park closes at 5pm and with its closing we left to return to Vista. To then leave again in search of finding a movie to see at Downtown Disney. We chose “Easy A” because it looked funny and neither of us had seen it yet. Also, we were waiting for some of our fellow co-workers to meet up with us when they got done with work, but they decided not to come. So I did what it seems like I do every time I have off, I went to the Ghiradelli Chocolate store and got ice cream. Not just any kind of ice cream, I got a peanut butter sundae, but after leaving the store and making it to the bus stop that is when I realized my peanut butter sundae was completely lacking in the peanut butter department. Sad day!  
Hey, where's the peanut butter?
 The next day was Thursday (9/30/10) and yesterday. Since I didn’t work until 5:45pm and had heard rumors of free food at the Cast Member Preview for Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, Hilary and I went onwards. Similarly, Catharine (who I work with) was also going to be there with her roommate and we were all going to meet up. And that’s exactly what we did. We rode Test Track, and then went in search of food at the World Showcase. First we went and tried some different pops from all over the world. Some were good, while others left a foul after-taste. Unfortunately, there was no free food. But I was swayed by Ireland to get a cheese platter, while the others met Pooh and some of his friends. Then the group split up when Kristen showed up and they wanted to go meet characters we had already met. After the split, we met Belle and the Beast, and Marie (from the Aristocats). Again, I was swayed by the Belgium stand to get a waffle. I am so excited to meet some real Belgians and get to know their true foods, not just the ones Epcot displays. Anyways, after that stop, nachos in Mexico stopped me again. Yummy! For my last thing at Epcot we went to the Innovations area and played the Waste Management game to realize how much I waste and how I can reduce my carbon footprint and what Waste Management is doing to reduce it as well.
Epcot's 15th Food and Wine Festival
NOM NOM NOM Irish Cheese
NOM NOM NOM Belgian Waffles



Then it was time for me to find myself over at the Magic Kingdom, but I gave myself way more time than needed. In that free time, I got my winter coat since apparently the ones in my department run out quickly. Similarly, even though I am from Minnesota and can deal with the cold, I work outside so would like one when the weather goes down. Then again, it is October 1st and in the high 80s…

After picking up my coat I went to Cast Connections, where they sell damaged Disney goods at ridiculously low prices. There I got some postcards and a child-sized medium Belle gown. Don’t ask me about the dress I thought it was a good idea and will elaborate more as the night progresses.

From there it was work, another Halloween party, then home. At home I made a silly choice. I thought it would be a good decision to try on the Belle gown. Yeah, I am in no way a child medium. Probably when I was that size, I wasn’t really even that size, but oh well. So I got it on, but then the dilemma became getting it off. That thing was on me and it was on me good. I tried to cut myself out, but that didn’t really work. I just had to wait until my roommates got back from the party and they had to cut me out, not without a good laugh. And there you go; my life is a joke!
Me stuck in the Belle gown!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment