Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Checking More and More Things Off That To-Do List!


Well hello there!

Fancy meeting you here on my blog of sorts. Anywho, I figure instead of chatting it up the whole time with greetings I would tell you of my many adventures. I feel a little like Winnie the Pooh whenever I talk about my many adventures, but maybe that's just because I think and am surrounded by Disney all day long.

Now then, where were we? Ah yes, what I've been up to the last few days. Well I worked an awful lot this week. Both Saturday and Sunday were days with two Main Street Electrical Parades, and all I will say is from an operations standpoint, it is a terrible place to be working those nights. But nevertheless, I prevailed just enough to tell you all about it. On a happier note, I accomplished one of the things on my list on Saturday (10/9/10): I went to Blizzard Beach, one of the Disney Water Parks. Hilary and I pretty well went on every ride. It was a lot of fun! Also, we got the infamous shovel pail, aka a giant sand bucket full of vanilla and chocolate ice cream, nuts, strawberry sauce, hot fudge, Oreos, fudge chunks, cookie dough, whipped cream, and cherries. Yummy! Sadly, after a while you begin feeling sick from eating such a treat, but it was awesome while it lasted!
ICE CREAM!
Later that night I went to work, the next day (10/10/10) I also worked. And guess what I got at work for doing a good job? ICE CREAM! That's right ladies and gentlemen I got ice cream for doing a good job at work. It was awesome! We all got those mickey mouse ice cream treats they were so delicious. I felt like a little kid the way I was eating it. NOM NOM NOM. After my ice cream, I had a three hour gap between shifts. Between those shifts I went and played in the park with Tahmyya, Nesa, Nick, and Gina. We went and got our picture taken at the castle, enjoyed the Frontier land Hoedown, got to see the Country Bears, went on the Country Bear Jamboree, ate at Pecos Bills, and saw the show at the Hall of Presidents. After that we all booked it back to work and all was well.
Ice Cream NOM NOMS for doing a good job at work!
Us crazy PAC kids at the castle
Jammin' it out with one of the Country Bears at the Frontierland Hoedown
 The next day was Monday (10/11/10) and I simply went to work. Worked for ten hours, then came home. Oh, yesterday was our apartment inspection. Yes, we have inspections similar to those that the military have, but fortunately we passed, meaning that I get to keep on interning.

And then, we have finally made it to today, Tuesday the 12th. Today I had off, which was nice. It was also the first day of my Entertainment Show Production Professional Development seminar. So far I think its going to be a really cool class. Every week we are going to have a different speaker who works for Disney come and tell us their story of coming to work for the company and tell us about their job and lives. Plus, we get to take a backstage tour of Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios in October, so that should be stellar. I am enthusiastic about getting to start networking and hearing more people's stories about where they worked and their adventures.
The World's Most Favorite Gathering Place: McDonalds
McDonals Fun!

After I got back to my apartment from the seminar, I went off with Dakotah to the World's Largest Entertainment and Play Place McDonalds, which was pretty hilarious. Number 1, its a huge tourist trap. Number 2, it had food I never thought I would see at McDonalds such as Belgian waffles, panini sandwiches, pizza, pasta, and other gourmet foods! Number 3, the toy that came in my Mighty Kids meal was Lemon Meringue (Strawberry Shortcake's friend). And guess what, she smelled like lemons! It was a strange place full of touristy things, and a giant arcade. Upon finishing a delectable meal, we went to Hollywood Studios to see what all the hype was about Fantasmic. Believe the hype, Fantasmic was epic! Its a show about villians trying to defeat Mickey's imagination so that their evil ways can reign, but Mickey's mind wins in the end. They had video projections shown on water fountains, a giant snake from Aladdin, animals from Lion King, Snow White and her Prince, Belle and the Beast, and Ariel and Eric, Pocahontas, and Maleficent as the dragon. The show left me stunned! I am so pumped to see how it all works backstage!

And yeah, there's a little update on my magical life. Stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment