Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Things I Thought Were Myths About The South

So I had a rude awaking this fine morrow, as I walked into my bathroom and what do I spy with my little eye? A GAINT COCKROACH! '

No, this is not me holding the cockroach, but this is a google image letting you know how big it was!
Number 1, waking up with a cockroach in your bathroom is truely disgusting. Walking out into my apartment shouting obscenities, also probably not the best approach. Hearing that my roommate say it, but didn't want to do anything about for fear that she would wake me up, also NOT cool.  Now, I guess the problem that I have been suffering with is that I am from Minnesota, land of mice running around ones house, not cockroaches. Yes, I do have a cat thank you for asking. No, my cat does not kill mice, it will play with them and then the mice will escape; my cat equates to nothing more than a mangy little ball of fur. Now don't get my wrong, I will love that thing to the bitter end, but seriously Cat get your "cat" together.

Number 2, I think the worse part is that I don't even know anything about cockroaches. I have been having nightmares recently ever since a co-worker told me about her apartment having them, and I thought to myself "Geez, I hope that never happens to me." Karma, kids this is karma. Now I have to spend my time up until work today freaking out and learning all that I can about these gross critters. For instance, I don't even know what they eat! Uh oh.

Number 3, coming from the Midwest to be honest, I kind of thought cockroaches were a a myth, now I know. Its like hurricane season, I had no idea that was such a real thing! Oh no, looks like we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Wish me luck and cleaning supplies.

2 comments:

  1. The best part of my honeymoon (in FL) was when a cockroach fell into my hair IN THE SHOWER. I feel your pain, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o I'd be more freaked out about the mice. . .then again I'm from Florida - cucarachas are everywhere. :|

    if you mix baking soda and sugar and put it in a tiny dish - when the cockroach eat it they die - baking soda is highly poisonous to the cockroach. . . also - they don't like bay leaves. I don't know where to buy any though.

    ReplyDelete