Friday, September 17, 2010

My Days Off

Well kids now that I've told you a little bit about what I do at the park I suppose I can tell you about the fun stuff, aka what I do on my days off.

Let's take a flash back in time to my first week here, that's when I first went to the Animal Kingdom. On August 27th, 2010 I met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Rafiki (from Lion King), Chip and Dale, Baloo (from Jungle Book), Terk (from Tarzan), Pocahontas, and Thumper and Miss Buny (from Bambi). All in all, a great character sighting day! Also, I love animals and since Animal Kingdom is basically a huge zoo it was right up my alley. Similarly, my roommate Kristen (from Texas) and I got to go on a few rides like the Expedition Everest roller coaster and the Kilimanjaro Safari. Kristen's job is driving the safari, cool right! At the Animal Kingdom I also found out that Disney does great theatre. We saw Finding Nemo the Musical and I was stunned by how cool it was. Don't worry I took lots of pictures and some videos so I can share the experience with you all because its pretty rad! When it started to rain we met up with our other roommates Hilary (from Indiana), Zhuoyang (from China), and Nicole (from Kentucky) and went on our merry way to Epcot. At Epcot we went on Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Mission Space. Unfortunately, the rain got the better of us and we left for the day.
Tree of Life at the Animal Kingdom
Epcot
On another day off, aka one day when I got off work and all my roommates had off August 29th, I booked it on over to Disney's Hollywood Studios. There we met my favorites: Lightning McQueen and TowMater. We also saw another Disney show: the 3D Muppet Show. Then we went on Star Tours, Tower of Terror (which actually terrified me!), and tried to see Fantasmic which then again due to weather got rained out. Needless to say, the first few days here were rainy. Apparently, hurricane season is real! who knew!
My roommates minus Zhuoyang at Hollywood Studios
Lightning McQueen and TowMater
 The next time I went out it was August 30th, I found myself at the Magic Kingdom after a long day of work at the Magic Kingdom. I went there to go celebrate Nicole's 20th Birthday. Here we met the Princesses: Belle, Aurora, and Cinderella. I made Belle sign a special card for Miss Kitty Kot to help brighten her day! From there we went on the Tea Cup ride and met up with the infamous Cast Member Brooke (from Mississippi) to go to the Polynesian Resort for a delicious dinner at the Kona Cafe. All in all, a good day with good food and good friends.
Me in front of Cinderella's Castle!
Hmm...what did I do next? Uh oh! Oh...now I remember kind of. On September 2nd, Hilary and I ventured over to Hollywood Studios. It was fun for most of the day. We saw the Beauty and the Beast Musical, went on Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster which features music from Aerosmith, the Backlot Tour, the Lights, Motors, Action, Stunt Show, and the Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular. Sadly, due to the heat I don't really remember much of the Backlot Tour, the stunt show, or the Indiana Jones Show, but I have pictures. I got to take a nice little nap at First Aid and then I went home to sleep for 14 hours...what I fun day! Fun things that I did do that day were: meet Lotso (who smelled like strawberries)(from Toy Story 3) and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible (from the Incredibles).
Mrs. and Mr. Incredible
Lotso
 On to another day, another dollar. Next time I went out was the next day! September 3rd. I went with Hilary and Kristen to Epcot. There were traveled to all the countries, except Canada. Its just like my real life, I've never been to Canada, sigh! In traveling we met Mary Poppins, Alice (from Alice in Wonderland), Princess Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty), Jasmine and Aladdin (from Aladdin), Mulan, and Snow White. For rides, we went on Soarin', Talk with Crush, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, the Norwegian ride: Maelstrom, Living with the Land, and the Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros. A wonderful day, where no one got ill, yippie!
Mary Poppins
Snow White
Me in Mexico!

1 comment:

  1. Have you not been listening during pac meetings missy! KEEP HYDRATED!!

    ReplyDelete