Friday, September 24, 2010

Gobble! Gobble!

Well folks, I've done it again. I've successfully made a fool of myself believing rumors of free food.
But enough about that, let's start at the beginning of this tale before I get ahead of myself!

Yesterday was my first and only day off this week since I decided to be a tool and pick up extra hours at work. And I knew that I wanted to do something fun. Some of the girls that I work with and I had made plans to hang out and go to Cast Connections, to buy some cheap Disney stuff. The only problem with this plan was that the night before (9/21/10) I had made the decision to stay up and finish all that is out of True Blood, now that's a lot of True Blood. But guess, when 4AM rolled around, I was finally up-to-date on the show. Now, when the next morning (9/22/10) rolled around, I was not awake. In fact, I awoke at 12:30PM to my roommate Brooke using my bathroom. What a lazy kind of day, good thing it was my day off!

This is True Blood. The show that I have become obsessed with, and am finally caught up on.
Anywho, so I got up, called my friends, and we met up. Indecisive people have a problem though, in that well they in indecisive; what I mean to say is that I took us about 2 hours to decide what we were going to do that day. In the end, we did something none of us had planned on doing, we went back to the place where we work: the Magic Kingdom. Things that I need to tell you about this group I was with, we are all a mess. A good kind of mess, but nevertheless, a mess!

It takes us about an hour to make our way to the kingdom while driving aimlessly about listening the Ke$ha and weird techno, but we made it. While there, we got to meet Pooh and Tigger, eat ice cream at Edy's on Main Street, ride Pirates of the Caribbean, and laugh our way through it all. Now if you recall from the very beginning of this post, I talked a little bit about Gobble, Gobble! This became our anthem for the day, as someone had told Dakotah that if you acted like a turkey, one of the turkey leg stands would give you a free (normally eight dollar) turkey leg. So, being the girl that I am, I jumped at the opportunity to make a fool out of myself for free stuff. Sadly, this rumor is not true. Do not attempt to get a free leg by playing turkey, it doesn't work. But, at least now I know what my Halloween costume will be...a turkey! Gobble Gobble.

Meeting the Greats: Pooh and Tigger
Ladies at the Magic Kingdom
Around the time of fireworks starting, we decided to peace out and head over to watch the fireworks display over at Epcot, Illuminations from Earth. Unfortunately, the monorail was having some technical difficulties, so we were politely told to get off. Instead of seeing fireworks that night, we ended up over at Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is made up of a bunch of shops, arcades, musicians, Cirque de Soleil, an ACM movie theater, Pleasure Island, and some more shops. We walked around it for a few hours thinking of things that we want to do there once we have more money saved up. My favorite part of the night was when we saw a living statue. Now this man had been doing a superb job of not having moved at all until we decided we get our picture taken with them, then BAM there he was poking our necks, grabbing my hand, moving all over the place. It was quite entertaining! Eventually, we had to call it a day, but never fear I will return there to see Cirque before I leave.
Real Man Statue
Lego Woody at Downtown Disney 
Practicing our jumps at Downtown Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment