Friday, September 17, 2010

The Family Makes There Way Down South

By the time September 4th rolled around, the Geis family decided to make their way to Florida! This was also the day of my Park Greeter Assessment, so a lot happened that day. I got done with the assessment, aka I passed! And then got back to the apartment and waiting for my family to get their stuff together and find my apartment. They found it after getting a little lost and we went out to dinner at Shoney's. Then I gave them a tour of my apartment, and said goodnight since I had to work the next day and they had gotten up early for their flights.


So before I went to work on the 5th, Joan thought it would be a good idea to go to some dodgey place called ShellWorld because they had a coupon for a free shell necklace. Well we went, Jason slept because well, we couldn't wake him. Now again, this place was sketchy! So shady in fact that the woman working there convinced my mother to hold her hand which she had filled with many a ring to her heart and had my mom hold her other hand perpendicular to her body to see if she was allergic to the metal. Joke. Needless to say, we got out of there without buying anything and with our free shell bracelet, since apparently they no longer gave out necklaces. Then I said good day to my family, they went to Cocoa Beach to visit the Ocean and I went to work.
Joan and Coconut Man at ShellWorld
The next day, we met up to go to the Magic Kingdom, but since my main entrance pass had not yet come it was a bit of a fiasco. It was also Labor Day meaning that I wasn't able to buy discounted tickets. Just as we were about to give up and go to Epcot to buy tickets, someone helped us out and my family got to go to the kingdom. I wish you had all seen my mother's face, I had never seen her so happy! She got to meet the choir director of Main Street USA who made me sing, what fun! We were luckily enough to meet the Ugly Stepmother and stepsisters and the Fairy Godmother. Plus, we got to view the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Parade. From there, we rode took Mom on Space Mountain, which she did not like, turns out its a roller coaster that is all mostly in the dark! Anywho, we had lunch and I ran, yes literally I ran from one end of the park to the other and back again, to get to work on time! While I was doing this, my family left the park to venture forth to the land of Epcot.
Jason, Mom, Joan, and I at the Magic Kingdom
Jason trying to get the sword from the stone
Jason, Joan, and Mom at the Dumbo Ride
Cinderella's Family
All Aboard!
The next day was something that had become habitual to me. We drove to Tallahasse to visit Jenny, and since I had spent about 4 days in a car with her driving from MN to FL, I was pretty used to long car rides, so this one seemed like a breeze. We got to Tallahassee just in time for lunch and we went to the ever classic Barnacle Bills. After the meal, Jenny proceeded to give us a driving tour of the capital. Then it was nap time for some, so Jenny, Joan, and I went to Old Navy and got some clothes, came back to the apartment to find the others still sleeping. Sadly we awoke them for a delicious meal at Bonefish. Yummy, it was a great day for seafood lovers, sorry Jason! A tour of Florida State University and Tallahassee Community College followed the meal, and then Joan, Mom, and I went back to the hotel, swam, and went to sleep.
Looking Good at Barnacle Bill's.

Yep, this is my family minus Dad.
When we awoke the next day, we went on to tour more of Tallahassee. To be honest, there's not a whole lot there, but it was still interesting to hear Jenny's perspective on it. Jenny had to run a few errands so we found ourselves at my favorite, Target. And right next to Target was Sonney's where we dinned for a splendid southern bbq meal. Needless to say, when I eat out, I am going to eat out at good places! Since the clock was still a ticking, Jenny had class to attend, so we dropped her off and split ways as we continued back to Orlando. In Orlando, the question of what to do arised, and somehow watching Fargo came out. It was quite enjoyable to watch a movie about Minnesota with my family who was on vacation in Florida.
Saying Goodbye to Jenny in her apartment with Murrs.

 The next day was the best yet! We went to the Kennedy Space Center. As Buzz Lightyear would say, "To infinity and beyond!" There we met a real astronaut and got to hear his story about flying in space with Sally Ride and two international men. We also got to see the launch pads of past launches and see artifacts from the rockets and space explorations. We even got to touch real moon rock! The flight simulator was too much for Mom, but when I got done I felt like a real astronaut! All in all AWESOME!
Astronaut Mom and Joan
US Space Rockets

At the US Astronaut Hall of Fame


One of the numerous launch pads  

 The next day, the 10th, was a sad day for me for my family had to return to the land of 10,000 lakes. They left and a few hours later I went to Typhoon Lagoon the water park. Then, went to work for Night of Joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment