Friday, January 14, 2011

My last week working for the mouse

I wrote this before I left, on Sunday, hence why it is old and written as if I'm not in Europe yet, so bear with me. 

So now that my flight is delayed until tomorrow, I am finding myself with an exorbitant amount of free time on my hands. In this free time, I've been doing a compilation of three main things: packing, reading about Belgium and all that will take place once I get there, and avoiding learning about Belgium whilst obsessively checking my facebook. And while I sit here in Tallahassee bored out of my mind waiting for my next adventure to begin I realize that I never finished blogging about my last adventure: my Disney adventure. I will now attempt to finish retelling all that is left to tell. Wish me luck!

Ok, now then where did I leave off?

Ah yes,  I remember now! I am basically going to tell you about my last week at the Magic Kingdom.
January 2nd, 2011: Tahmyya, Jasmine, Amanda, Brittany, Dakotah, Gina, and I went to dine at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Things started off good enough. I had gotten up early that morning to say goodbye to my fellow roommate, Cast Member Brooke, so I was at least awake for our 11:35 reservation. Sadly, I cannot say the same for some of my friends. Well, let me rephrase, it wasn't so much a problem of not being awake as a problem of not being ready. The person in question was Tahmyya. She managed to burn her hair while straightening it, so didn't want to come out to lunch with us. After about 15 minutes of convincing her and threatening to leave her behind she came with us. Lunch was delicious. I told everyone the classic story of why we now have 4 spokes on forks instead of 3. Then, I pretended like I was Ariel and brushed my hair with the fork. In essence, a great meal!
After lunch, we met up with Corinthia and we went adventuring around Magic Kingdom. We did Tom Sawyer Island, then enjoyed some Dole Whip before work.
Gina, Janice, Amanda, and Tahmyya at Liberty Tree Tavern

Delicious American desserts!

Amanda, Gina, Melissa, Janice, Brittany, Dakotah, and Corinn

Monday, January 3rd, I went to work. After work, we went to City Walk at Universal to see if Amanda, Gina, and Dakotah could get their tattoos there. But alas, too expensive, so we left. Ate some food at Panda Express and then went our separate way.


Amanda at City Walk
Tuesday, January 4th, I worked. After work, I met up with Dakotah, Brittany, Amanda, and Gina to get their tattoos. Brittany got her belly button pierced not a tattoo. But first we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for a delicious dinner. Next, we ended up going to this dodgy place in downtown Orlando that was open 24 hours, but the tattoos and Brittany's piercing turned out lovely! After we got those done, it was again time to say goodnight and go our separate ways. Just an FYI, don't worry, I didn't get anything tattooed or pierced.

Dakotah's tattoo: BEFORE
Dakotah's tattoo: AFTER
Gina's tattoo: BEFORE

Gina's Tattoo: AFTER
I wanted to prove that I was there so I took a picture of myself!

Brittany's piercing: BEFORE

Brittany's piercing: AFTER

Amanda's Tattoo: BEFORE

Amanda's tattoo: AFTER

the sketchy place we went for this adventure
Wednesday, January 5th, I got up super early, something to the effect of 6am for my breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary with Hilary, Nicole, and Zhouyang. We made it on time, looking all cute, and ate some superb food! Seriously, Disney knows how to do food!! Plus, while we ate we were greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto (the Fab 5). After breakfast, Nicole, Zhouyang and I took the bus back to Vista because Hilary had to work. There the bus driver told me that I should either get a boyfriend, be more mature, be less mature, and take a cold shower all at once. It was a very bizarre bus ride. After that, I went home and attempted to pack for a while, before my last day of work. It did not go very successfully. But then I went to work, which was very sad to say goodbye to everyone. After work, pretty much everyone that could ERd, aka left early, and played in the park for a while, but it was quite rainy out. So being resourceful Brittany and I took Disney merchandise bags and made them into rain gear. Then, we met Chip and Dale and rode Big Thunder Mountain. After that, we rushed to Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake, then over to Plaza to watch Wishes a final time with everyone who I loved from work. It was a super cute, but sad event. After Wishes, we all packed up shop and went to TGIF for some NOM NOMs. There it was even sadder. Gina's roommate decided to take Gina away a night earlier than planned so she was leaving in just a few hours. So we had to say our final goodbye to Gina in the parking lot of TGIF. It sucked, and there were a lot of tears involved in that night. After dinner, I went home to Vista, packed a little, and went to sleep.
The roomies, minus Brooke and Kristen at Chef Mickey's!
Janice and Goofy

Nicole, Mickey, and I
My PAC family
Sarah and Janice

Janice and Christina
Roy Disney and Minnie Mouse

Showing off the latest threads on Main Street USA
PAC family out of costume at TGIF

Again, my beloved PAC family
Thursday, January 6th, 2011 was another busy day! I woke up around 8:30am, having missed the bus that I was going to take to go over to Hollywood Studios with Zack, and having missed my roommates who drove to the studios. So, I did the next best thing. I took the bus by myself over to Hollywood Studios and did the Prince Caspian, Narnia dealy. Then, I went on Toy Story Mania! and despite the frightening posted waitline of 80 minutes, it ended up only being a 25 minute wait. After that I went on Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carrey, then to Beauty and the Beast with what roommates I still had left: Hilary, Nicole, and Zhouyang. Hilary simply loves that show. I swear every time we go on it she rates the performers, she knows whose good and whose not based off their appearance...yeah, she's that good. Anywho, so we did Beauty and the Beast, then went to Hollywood Tower of Terror where Nicole had made friends with an old man who worked there, who let us jump the line and go on the ride. He was so nice. In the end, he ended up giving us a free photopass picture of us all on Tower of Terror. Funny story though, all my roommates knew when the picture was coming, I did not, so they look cute and posed in the picture whereas I look more of like a hot mess who was scared of the ride. Yeah, so that happened. After that, we walked over to Epcot's France for a lunch reservation that Hilary had made at Les Chefs de France. So we booked it over there, made it, ate a lovely meal and met Remy from Ratatouille. Next, we took a boat back to Hollywood Studios where I fell asleep because frankly I was worn out. But once we got to the Studios, I awoke and we met up with Brittany. Then, we took Brittany and went to Animal Kingdom for about 5 minutes. In essence, we walked in, took a picture with the tree of life, and walked out. Then, we went to Magic Kingdom. That's right, we did all 4 parks in one day! At Magic Kingdom, I used what free coupons I had left to get some popcorn and pop, then we walked to the castle to take pictures together one last time. To be honest, I didn't really want to go back to MK after I had said my goodbye to it the night before, but I was happy that my roommates convinced me to go, it was a nice way to say goodbye to what felt like an old friend. Well, after we took pictures, I went over to Toon Town to finish up my list of things to do at Magic Kingdom, I did the Barnstormer and Donald's Boat. Also, I walked through Mickey and Minnie's houses, pretty cool if you ask me. Finally, I took the train back to Main Street, took some pictures, and said one last goodbye. When I got back to the apartments, I packed for a while, then went over to Chatham to say goodbye to Dakotah, Tamhyya, Amanda, and Brittany. There I fell asleep with Tamhyya and ended up having Dakotah drive me home. Then, I spent the rest of the night until 5am packing. Gross.
Toy Story Mania! at Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Mania! at Hollywood Studios
Hilary, Nicole, Janice, and Zhouyang at Tower of Terror
Janice, Nicole, and Zhouyang at France
Janice, Zhouyang, Hilary, and Nicole at Animal Kingdom
Janice, Nicole, Zhouyang, and Hilary

Walt and Mickey

One last picture with Cindy's Castle
Friday, January 7th, 2011. This is the day that I got kicked out of CP housing, aka the official end of my Disney College experience. I got up early, said goodbye to Hilary and Zhouyang. Cleaned, said goodbye to Nicole, cleaned. And yes, I cleaned some more. Then I dropped off some food at Amanda's, then went off with my sister, Jenny, to Epcot for some fine dinning over in Morocco at the Restaurant Marrakesh. And from there we went straight to our Hyatt Hotel in Orlando, FL. There, we slept until about 7pm, then we went out to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. It was a lot of food! Like a whole lot of food! Then, we went back to the hotel and went back to sleep.
Goodbye Boss Man!
 Saturday, January 8th, 2011, we got up and went to breakfast at the hotel. Then, we moved some more of my stuff to the hotel room, so I could repack. After a while, we decided to check out what the dealio was with my flight, and this is when we found out that my flight was delayed. Of course, at this time we only thought it was delayed a few hours, not a whole day. That part of the story comes later. So, we left the hotel in search of a Target, so that I could get a new suitcase since my old green one had decided to start ripping at the seams when I was leaving Disney and I didn't feel all that comfortable with taking a broken suitcase with me abroad. So, I got a brand-spanking new suitcase to hold together all my stuff, and we went out to lunch at Houlihan's. After lunch, I spent the day repacking and shipping some stuff home from the post office. Then we went out to dinner at Cafe Tu Tu Tango which Gina had told me to go to. That place is adorable! I absolutely LOVED it! They had dancers, live music, artists sculpting and painting, and best of all scrumptious food. When we returned to the hotel, we discovered that my flight had not just been delayed a few hours rather an entire day. With this news I got to call the parentals and let them know that plans were being changed and switched about. And with this news, Jenny and I decided that I was just going to go with her to Tallahassee, FL until Tuesday since she had to be in Tallahassee to teach on Monday and to meet with her professor.  After all plans were finalized, we went to sleep.

Sunday, January 9th, 2011, I got up and quickly realized we were leaving pretty much ASAP to get back to Tallahassee, FL. So, I threw on some clothes, threw my stuff into the suitcases, wrote some thank you notes and headed to the car. We made a final stop in Orlando at Panera for breakfast, then stopped over at Vista Way to say goodbye to the lovely Miss Amanda. Soon afterward, we were on route headed to Tallahassee, FL. We ended up eating lunch at a Bento Box in Gainesville, FL, and when we got to Tallahassee Jenny went straight to work, and I went straight to repacking. After I got tired of packing, I watched some tv and dazed in and out. Because Jenny was hard at work preparing for her meeting with her adviser we just ordered in some pizza. Eventually, I fell asleep with dreams of Belgium dancing in my head.

Monday, January 10th, 2011, I got up and got my stuff all ready for Tuesday, watched some television, and waited for Jenny to be done with her adviser. When she finished, we went out to Chipotle with one of her friends, then we went back to her apartment, she worked some more and I began writing this blog post. Soon after, we went over to TCC where I sat in on Jenny's first class of the spring semester. Its always so odd for me to watch a class that I've already been in and just viewing the students who have no idea what they are getting themselves into! Anywho, after that we went out to an Indian restaurant and had dinner. Then, I watched some more tv wrote some more of this blog, and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment