Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Month of Adventures!

[I just want to preface this by apologizing for not yet updating you on the rest of Spring Break 2011 and the end of my Brussels semester, but since I remember this now, I will update this. Then go back once I am updated with today.]

It all began last July when I was planning out my Year of Adventure. I was trying to decide when I should buy my return ticket from Belgium, when various family and friends persuaded me that I should take some time after my semester abroad ended to travel the continent known at Europe. Needless to say, it didn’t take long to convince me that an extra month traveling would be the best way for me to spend my days.  And so, last July I booked my return ticket to the US for June 14th.


In my semester abroad (my Erasmus year as its called in Europe) I did a lot of traveling; both around the continent and in Belgium. Just to give you a recap of some of the places that I visited, in case you haven’t been following my blog from the very start, or if I still haven’t gotten around yet to posting some of these travels):
  • Brussels, Belgium (well, obviously I traveled and got to know the city, its where I lived for the past 5 months)
  • Antwerp, Belgium (with my roommates, Cayla and Jiemin, and Elana and Alison) 
  • Liege, Belgium (with Annie, Ari, Danis, and Jackie)
  • Trier, Germany (with my ART class)
  • Bruges, Belgium (with my ART class)
  • Antwerp, Belgium (yep went there twice, this time with my ART class)
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (I went by myself to meet up with the lovely Katherine Francis)
  • Paris, France (with my lovely Mother and Aunt Barb)
  • Brighton, United Kingdom (with Stacy)
  • Oslo, Norway (with Elisa)
  • Paris, France (with my ART class)
  • Brussels, Belgium (its listed twice because this is when Alisa and Gaffey came to visit, and exploring the city with them was a trip in it of itself. This is also during the same time that Mom and Aunt Barb were here too!)
  • Venice, Italy (with Christy, Kelly, Katie, and Maisah for Spring Break)
  • Cinque Terre, Italy (with Christy, Kelly, Katie, and Maisah for Spring Break)
  • Rome, Italy (with Christy, Kelly, Katie, and Maisah for Spring Break, there we also met up with Elisa and Casey)
  • Athens, Greece (with Christy, Kelly, and Katie for Spring Break, there we met up with Maddy)
  • Aegina, Greece (with Christy, Kelly, and Katie for Spring Break)
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (with my ART class)
  • Waterloo, Belgium (with Meaghan and Casey)
  • Ostend, Belgium (with Cayla and Jiemin)
 What a semester! Now, I’m off on a month long journey of traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment