Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Turkey Day! [GOBBLE GOBBLE]

So kids, its been a while, so let me quickly catch you up to date on my life. I've been working a lot. Every single day last week was spent at the Magic Kingdom. I worked about 48 hours, and this week I get to do it all over again. But on the plus side, I got two days off from the work! Also, since I've been working a lot and the holiday discount went up to 50% on merchandise, I've been spending a lot. So, when I haven't been working, but have been at Magic Kingdom, I've been doing some Christmas shopping.

Here are some pictures of me at work:
The Disney Basics picture of me going ABOVE AND BEYOND!

Pulling the Riverside Cart for West Side Breakdown
Setting up ropes at Castle Crosswalk North 2
We played hide-and-go-seek with Brier Rose for about an hour one night: Making A Magical Moment
 Now then, onto what I know you all want to hear about...TURKEY DAY!
Thursday (11/ 25/10) was Thanksgiving and the plan was for me to host a Thanksgiving meal with some co-workers and my roommates. I was going to provide the turkey, ham, cheese, and location, and everyone else coming was to bring five dollars and a dish of their own. Earlier in the week I had had a minor freakout over what I was going to do for the holiday meat, so asked my managers about the idea of buying turkey legs and just doing it that way. Little did I know, what a rip off that way is. I could buy an entire cooked turkey and ham for the price it would cost me to buy 9 turkey legs at the parks. And that's exactly what I ended up doing, I bought the turkey and ham pre-cooked from Boston Market, along with some chicken noodle soup.

So, Thursday the plan was get up around 8am, clean, get the food from Boston Market at 10, and have people show up anywhere between 10 and 1. Unfortunately, I have this thing where once every semester I simply refuse to get up for my alarm. Now its not that I just refuse, its that I'll subconsciously hear the alarm go off, turn it off, and wake up about an hour after I needed to be somewhere. In this case, I awoke at 10:30am, throwing off all my plans of being a grand hostess.
FRANTIC me waking up late!
In my state of chaos and confusion, I ran to my phone to realize I had 13 missed calls and 9 new text messages. I rushed out into my living room and said some bad things--man, at this time, I was running late! Plus, my ride to get the turkey decided to put stuff in her oven, so was unable to come to my aid. Instead, I frantically called Nick, who came and picked me up to collect the turkey, ham, and soup. He luckily came to my rescue and we got the key food items for the day. Then, we returned to Vista Way and got things organized for Turkey Day. Lucky for me I have such great friends to help out, because Nick helped me get a ride, and Brittany actually stayed at my apartment and helped clean and get stuff prepared for the day while I ventured off to get the turkey. Brittany is my hero! After we returned with the food, people slowly began to trickle in, and finally at 2pm once our final guests arrived we got our food, and went around the room saying what we were each thankful for. It was a touching day. I had a lot of fun and was happy that I had good friends with whom I could spend it with. After the party ended, I sadly had to go to work to help make others nights just as magical.
NOM NOM NOM [GOBBLE GOBBLE STYLE]

THANKSGIVING 2010
After an intense game of Guesstures, Amanda and I dance to "I'm On A Boat.
The next day was Friday (11/26/10) Black Friday, and I went to the outlet malls near the college program housing for a little while and got a dress and Twins shirt. Then I saw Tangled, a really cute movie I might add. And finally, I went to work. Saturday, I got up early went to ESPN Wide World of Sports and worked the Harlem Globetrotters basketball game. I started off helping with the entrances, then they moved me to turnstiles once they found out I had an ATS code. Eww.... After ESPN, I went back to the Magic Kingdom to work some more. Now today was Sunday, and I FINALLY got to see Harry Potter 7: Part 1. It was good, but there were a few things that I had to question. For instance, what was up with that weird scene where Harry and Hermione randomly decide to dance? Or later, when Ron sees Harry and Hermione naked making out! I was shocked!!! Anywho, yep, just  a few random things bothered me, but once I got done with the movie I went to work again. Surprise, surprise. And so ends my day of fun. Good night and good luck!
Me in my ESPN Wide World of Sports costume

Harlem Globetrotters

No comments:

Post a Comment